Ask yourself, "Would you like to live in a clean, safe neighborhood free of crime?" If you answered "yes" to that question, you are a leader. A neighborhood free of abandoned homes, drug dealers, prostitutes, slum landlords and the blight that exists in many of Rockford's neighborhoods is our goal. Stand up for social justice, clean neighborhoods and safe streets. Our citizens have the right to be involved in the decisions that affect our daily lives. Every citizen can bring something unique to the group!
The purpose of neighborhood organization is to empower residents for greater self control in their neighborhood. Effective neighborhood organizations involve all residents and property owners of the neighborhood. To be successful, EVERYONE needs to be involved. ORCHiD 3rd Union College Neighborhood Association, Inc. members are reaching out, joining together and getting things done! Working hand in hand with the Rockford Police Department and the Mayor's Office, we will succeed.
ORCHiD 3rd Union College Neighborhood Association, Inc.
- Geographical location (Boundaries are Kishwaukee Street to the Rock River, Keith Creek to Division).
- Area leaders (Board of Directors: President, Vice President, etc.).
- Distribute flyers and newsletters monthly.
- Identify issues (garbage, abandoned homes, drugs, etc.)
- Set Goals (fund raising, picnics, distinguished speakers, meeting agendas).
- Identify allies (Police department, Mayor's office, Alderman, Property Standards, Local businesses, etc).
- Construct a list of all allies and distribute to all neighbors (Police, Fire and all important numbers).
- Make a BIG NOISE!!! Let everyone know who you are and what you're about.
- Plan FUN events (block parties, raffles, etc.).
- TALK ABOUT AND CELEBRATE your organization. TELL the media, politicians, the newspaper and anyone that will listen.
ORCHiD 3rd Union College Neighborhood Association